Saving Teeth When Possible, Replacing Them When Necessary
Kopman Periodontics & Dental Implant Solutions takes a modern approach to periodontal care. Our doctors are highly trained and skilled in periodontics and prosthodontics. Along with our caring and dedicated staff, we pride ourselves on providing compassionate care in a comfortable, relaxing environment. Patient experience is our top priority, as we believe it is an important part of quality dental care. We strive to make your experience as pleasant as possible, ensuring that you feel good about the care you receive.
Jeffrey Kopman, DDS, MMSc
Dr. Kopman received his D.D.S. from the State University of New York, Buffalo School of Dental Medicine. He then received a Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study in Periodontology and a Master of Medical Sciences in Oral Biology from the Harvard School of Dental Medicine.
Craig Sirota, DMD, MMSc
Dr. Craig Sirota is a Prosthodontist at Prosthodontics of New York located in Manhattan. He grew up on Long Island and attended the State University of New York at Binghamton. Dr. Sirota went on to the Harvard School of Dental Medicine and received his Doctor of Medical Dentistry degree in 1996.
Benefits of Specialized Care
Periodontal and/or prosthodontic services provide many benefits to patients:
We always want our patients to feel informed and confident they are getting the best treatment possible. Please click on a button below to learn more about our practice and your dental health.
What is a Periodontist?
A periodontist is a dental professional who specializes in the care of the support structures of the teeth, primarily the gums and jaw. From prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of periodontal (gum) disease to the placement of dental implants, periodontics includes a wide range of services.
Periodontists must complete an additional three years of specialized education and extensive training beyond dental school. When it comes to complex treatment needs, choosing a specialist offers the highest standard of care tailored to your needs.
What is a Prosthodontist?
A prosthodontist is a dental professional that specializes in the diagnosis, treatment, and maintenance of oral function, comfort, and appearance. They focus on improving and preserving the oral health of those with clinical conditions associated with missing or failing teeth as well as oral and maxillofacial tissues.
Prosthodontists receive advanced training in restoring and replacing teeth and must complete an additional three years of specialized education beyond dental school. When it comes to complex treatment needs, choosing a specialist offers the highest standard of care tailored to your needs. Prosthodontists are recognized experts when it comes to replacing anything in the mouth.
Use the information below to contact our office.
Kopman Periodontics & Dental Implant Solutions
We offer the following dental services:
- Periodontal Maintenance. Periodic removal of plaque from the teeth and under the gums can prevent gum disease.
- Professional Teeth Cleaning. We provide routine teeth cleaning in addition to periodontal procedures.
- Restorative Treatment. We focus on a variety of restorative treatments to repair or replace damaged teeth.
- Dental Implants. Dental implants are titanium anchors placed in the jawbone that can replace anywhere from a single tooth to an entire arch.
- Bruxism Treatment. Bruxism, or teeth grinding, can have negative effects on your teeth and their support structures. We provide diagnosis and treatment for bruxism.
- Scaling and Root Planing. Scaling involves the removal of plaque and calculus from the teeth. Root planing is the process of smoothing the surface of the tooth roots to prevent plaque from getting into the tiny spaces under the gums.
- TRUETEETH. This revolutionary treatment lets you undergo tooth extractions and tooth replacement within a single appointment.
- Crown Lengthening. This process involves removing excess gum tissue to expose more of the crown of a tooth. It can be done for cosmetic or periodontal health reasons.
- Laser Therapy. A dental laser can be used to identify infected tissue and encourage regeneration of the gum tissue to better support your teeth.
- Bite Adjustment. A misaligned bite can cause the teeth to wear down prematurely and the support structures for the teeth to break down. We provide a variety of treatments to correct your bite.
- Reduction Surgery. Also known as osseous surgery, the procedure reduces the spaces between the teeth and gums to prevent bacteria from gathering and causing gum disease.
- Gum Grafting. Receding gums can leave your teeth unsupported. Gum grafting replaces the gum tissue to give your teeth more support and protect the roots.
- Guided Bone & Tissue Regeneration. This surgical procedure can help jaw bone tissue to regenerate through the use of a membrane between the gum tissue and bone.
- Periodontal Regeneration. Bone Morphogenetic Proteins and other growth factors are used to regenerate lost tissues and restore health.
- Cosmetic Surgery. Cosmetic procedures are done to improve your appearance, including gum grafting, crown lengthening, and bone grafting.
- Oral Cancer Exam. A yearly oral cancer exam can provide early detection that significantly improves the survival rate.