Kopman Periodontics & Dental Implant Solutions
Services We Provide
Kopman Periodontics & Dental Implant Solutions provides dental and periodontal services in Melville, New York. Call 631-351-3444 or contact us today to learn more and schedule an appointment.
- Non-surgical periodontal care. When providing periodontal care, we start with the least invasive treatment first. Non-surgical periodontal care refers to procedures that can be done without cutting, such as laser treatment.
- Periodontal maintenance. Regular deep cleaning of the teeth may be needed to treat gum disease and keep it from recurring. Scaling and root planing involves removing plaque and calculus from teeth and roots below the gum line and smoothing the surface of the roots to promote proper gum attachment.
- Cosmetic dentistry. We offer cosmetic services to improve the appearance of your teeth. Treatments like veneers and gum contouring can improve your smile.
- Surgical periodontal care. A variety of periodontal procedures are surgical, meaning that tissue is cut or removed to improve the health of the gums and other support structures for the teeth.
- Dental implants. Missing or severely damaged teeth can be replaced with dental implants. A dental implant is an artificial tooth and root system that looks and functions like a natural tooth. The implant is surgically placed in the jaw bone to support a crown or other prosthetic.
- TRUETEETH® Dental Implants. This expedited dental implant process allows you to get a new set of teeth in just one day. A few implants are placed to support a full set of dentures.
- Dentures. When many or all of the teeth need to be replaced, dentures provide an affordable solution. Dentures can be full or partial depending on your needs.
- Sedation dentistry. We offer sedation dentistry to make it easier for patients to relax during dental procedures. If you feel anxious or nervous about a procedure, or if the procedure is particularly complex or invasive, sedation can make it easier and less stressful.
Why Choose Kopman Periodontics & Dental Implant Solutions?
Our goal is to save your natural teeth whenever possible, using any one or a combination of treatments and procedures. Only if we have exhausted all other possibilities do we consider extracting and replacing a tooth. When it is necessary to replace a tooth, we provide the latest technology to give you a natural looking and functional restoration.
Kopman Periodontics & Dental Implant Solutions strives to make your experience as comfortable and stress-free as possible. We provide all of the modern comforts that make dentistry less intimidating, including a range of sedation options for relaxation assistance. Please discuss any questions or concerns you have with us so that we can provide you with the answers you need to ease your mind.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I need to see a periodontist?
Your general dentist may refer you to a periodontist if you have specific symptoms or conditions that affect the support structures for your teeth, such as gum disease or missing teeth. Periodontists specialize in gum health, jaw bone health, and general dental and oral health.
What causes gum disease?
Gum disease is a bacterial infection of the gum tissue caused by a buildup of plaque and calculus on the teeth. Plaque is a sticky film made of food residue and bacteria that clings to the teeth along or below the gum line. When plaque remains on the teeth for too long without being removed, it hardens into calculus containing mature bacteria that infect the gums.
How do dental implants work?
A dental implant consists of a titanium post that is surgically placed in the jaw bone. The implant fuses with the bone to form a solid bond that can last a lifetime. A single dental implant can support a crown and multiple implants can support bridges or dentures. Dental implants are the most advanced technology in tooth replacement, providing a natural look and function.
How often should I have periodontal maintenance?
If you have had gum disease that is severe or recurring, your periodontist may recommend regular periodontal maintenance. This deep cleaning process may need to be done once a month or every few months depending on your needs. You and your periodontist can find a schedule that works for you.
To learn more, call 631-351-3444 or contact us today to schedule an appointment.