What is a Prosthodontist?
Prosthodontics is the field of dentistry that focuses on creating and fitting artificial replacements for teeth. Dental prosthetics include crowns, bridges, dentures, and dental implants. When teeth are missing, damaged, or severely decayed, prosthodontics provides replacement options.
Benefits of Prosthodontics
Prosthodontics offers many benefits:
- Restore function. Missing or damaged teeth can make it difficult to effectively chew food and may affect your speech. Replacing teeth with prosthetics restores their proper function.
- Improve your smile. Dental prosthetics provide natural looking replacements for your teeth to restore the aesthetics of your smile.
- Preserve jaw bone structure. Many dental prosthetics help to preserve the structure of your jaw bone through the restoration of missing teeth.
- Improve your dental and oral health. Restoring or replacing teeth that are damaged or decayed will improve the health of your remaining teeth as well as the soft tissues and support structure for your teeth.
We provide the following prosthodontic services:
- Crowns. When a tooth is cracked, chipped, or severely decayed, a crown can be placed over the existing tooth to protect the remaining enamel and the root. Crowns can be made of porcelain that matches the color of your existing teeth for a natural looking restoration.
- Bridges. When one or more adjacent teeth need to be replaced, a bridge is a restoration option. A bridge consists of two crowns that fit over the existing teeth on each side of the gap with one or more artificial teeth suspended between them.
- Dentures. When most or all of the teeth need to be replaced, dentures provide partial or full restoration. Traditional dentures attach to the gums via suction or adhesives. Partial dentures attach to the remaining teeth.
- Dental implants. A dental implant is a titanium post that is surgically placed in the jaw to act as an artificial tooth root. A porcelain crown is attached to the implant to replace the missing tooth.
- Implant supported bridges and dentures. Multiple implants placed in the jaw can act as anchors for a bridge or a complete set of dentures. Implant supported bridges and dentures are sturdy and secure for improved function and comfort.
Are You a Good Candidate for Prosthodontics?
If you have one or more teeth that are missing, severely damaged, or decayed, you may be a good candidate for prosthodontics. With so many prosthetic options available, virtually anyone can have their teeth fully restored. A consultation and evaluation allows us to recommend the best restoration options for you.
Why Choose Kopman Periodontics and Dental Implant Solutions?
Kopman Periodontics and Dental Implant Solutions specializes in the health and restoration of the support structures for your teeth. This means we often treat patients with missing teeth due to gum disease who are in need of replacements, or prosthesis. Our services range from replacing a single tooth to a full mouth restoration. The highly qualified doctors and staff at Kopman Periodontics and Dental Implant Solutions have the knowledge and experience to restore the natural appearance and function of your teeth.