What Does A Prosthodontist Do?
A prosthodontist is a dentist who specializes in the restoration and replacement of teeth. This includes procedures such as crowns, bridges, dentures, and implants.
Prosthodontists undergo additional training and education in these procedures and are experts in creating natural-looking functional tooth replacements. They work closely with other dental specialists, such as oral surgeons and periodontists, to provide comprehensive care for patients who have lost teeth or are experiencing other dental problems.
In addition to performing procedures, prosthodontists may also consult with patients to create treatment plans and provide education on dental health and maintenance.
Services Offered by a Prosthodontist
Prosthodontists offer a range of services to restore and replace teeth. Some of the services offered at Kopman Periodontics & Dental Implant Solution include:
- Crowns: A crown is a cap placed over a damaged and decayed tooth to restore its shape, size, and strength. Crowns are made from a variety of materials, such as porcelain, ceramic, and metal.
- Bridges: A bridge is a fixed dental appliance used to replace one or more missing teeth. It consists of artificial teeth, called pontics, anchored to crowns on adjacent teeth, known as abutments.
- Dentures: Dentures are removable appliances that replace missing teeth and surrounding tissue. They are custom-made to fit comfortably and securely in the mouth and are made from acrylic, metal, or a combination of materials.
- Implants: Dental implants are metal posts or frames surgically placed in the jawbone to support replacement teeth. Implants provide a strong, stable foundation for tooth replacements and are used to support crowns, bridges, or dentures.
- Veneers: These are thin, custom-made shells attached to the front of the teeth to improve their appearance. They are often used to correct gaps, chips, or discoloration and are made from composite or porcelain materials.
We also offer other services, such as mouthguards, night guards, and TMJ treatment. We provide consultations, education, ongoing maintenance, and care for all services offered.
Benefits of a Prosthodontics
Prosthodontists restore the appearance and condition of teeth. This means restoring function to missing or damaged teeth and replacing them with prosthetics. They also preserve the jawbone structure and improve your smile with natural-looking teeth. Overall, restoring and replacing decayed and damaged teeth improves your dental and oral health, as well as the support structure for your teeth and the soft tissue underneath.
There are many benefits of seeing a prosthodontist for your dental care needs. Some of the advantages of visiting a prosthodontist include the following:
- Expertise: As specialists in the restoration and replacement of teeth, prosthodontists have extensive knowledge and training in these procedures. They are experts in creating natural-looking, functional tooth replacements that blend seamlessly with existing teeth.
- Comprehensive care: Prosthodontists work closely with other dental specialists, such as oral surgeons and periodontitis, to provide comprehensive care for patients who have lost teeth or are experiencing other dental problems. This means that you receive all dental care in one location without having to visit multiple providers.
- Customized treatment: Prosthodontists take the time to understand each patient’s unique situation and needs and create customized treatment plans to address their specific dental issues. This means that you can expect personalized care and attention and a treatment plan tailored to your individual needs.
- Natural-looking results: Prosthodontists are skilled in creating tooth replacements that look and function like natural teeth. This means you can expect your restored teeth to look and feel just like your own, allowing you to eat, speak, and smile with confidence.
Overall, seeing a prosthodontist provides you with expert care, comprehensive treatment, and natural-looking results for your dental needs.
Choose Kopman Periodontics and Dental Implant Solutions
At Kopman Periodontics and Dental Implant Solutions, we specialize in the restoration and overall health of your teeth to support structures for your teeth.
Our services range from replacing one tooth to a full restoration due to missing teeth from periodontal disease and more. To learn more about our knowledge and experience in periodontics, call 631-351-3444 , or contact us today to schedule an appointment.